IP CCTV Audio | Talkback
IP CCTV and Security Systems | Talkback
IP networks provide a common and standards based platform for the flexible and scalable deployment of IP CCTV and related IP security systems. Multi-media streaming (audio and video) direct from cameras to system recorder/s (Network Video Recorder / NVR's) enables effective and relatively simple design options for IP CCTV and IP Security installations. CCTV 'Talkback' describes the ability for local or remote CCTV / security operatives to communicate (talk back) to speaker points (often co-located with IP cameras). Talkback is generally used to instruct and warn people (eg. door is open please proceed or that a person is not welcome and should leave immediately).
- CCTV 'Talkback' to Provide Instructions and Warnings
- Integrated Multi-media Streaming (audio & video)
- Local, Remote and 3rd Party monitoring and talkback capability
- Manual & Scheduled Playback of Pre-Recorded Messages
How does IP CCTV and IP Security Talkback work?
An IP Network Video Recorder (NVR) is used to capture and record video streams from IP cameras. IP Camera's often include movement detection so that a moving object (eg. vehicle or person) can be picked up and tracked. Should such activities be deemed suspicious, staff and / or monitoring centre operatives can 'talkback' through speakers at the location to provide a challenge or warning.
As shown, talkback audio may originate from a number of different sources:
- A local monitoring station (eg. site security) via a traditional microphone or IP microphone
- An audio player unit with playback of recorded audio / message files (detection triggered)
- A remote monitoring station - usually via the internet and through an arranged slot through the customer firewall or a VPN
CCTV and Security talkback audio is often designed to provide simple site (single audio zone) talkback. In this case, talkback audio is output through all site speakers. For large and multiple-building sites, a more detailed arrangement for targeting audio to specific cameras or groups of cameras is possible (multiple audio zones).
IP CCTV and Security Talkback: Example Client Project
(Garden Products | Warehouse Distribution)
- Integrated IP Audio Player
- Traditional Amplified Speaker Distribution
- Single Audio Zone
- 3rd Party Monitoring and Talkback (15 speaker points)
Outline: New build, large warehouse and distribution site based in Peterborough. Our customer required CCTV talkback capability to enhance their security plans and policy. Local and remote talkback capability was specified to provide output and service through a series of external loudspeakers.
Solution: Multiple audio inputs were requested / specified. An IP Audio Player was installed to provide network trigger and playback of recorded audio message files.
The CCTV NVR 'audio out' provided a simple means for remote, 3rd party talkback - audio was processed and amplified through standard commercial mixer/amplifier and through 100v lines to a single audio zone.